We always look for personality indicators in the physical appearance of an individual. Don’t we? And if it’s a first meeting with someone, you immediately try to form an opinion in the first few seconds. Okay, so we bring you a little help in the form of understanding the ‘Nail Language’.
Isn’t it kind of awkward to know that someone, somewhere may judge you by your nails, just because long or short, oval or square, your fingernail shape reveals a bit of your personality. Not only can your nail shape add a little extra flare to your style, but we think it says a whole lot about who you are as well.
‘Let’s talk Beauty and Wellness’ brings you a compilation of different nail shapes and what they reflect about a personality. What we bring to you is a general perception across beauty and fashion circles. However, you would have also heard of the famous adage – ‘Appearances are deceptive’ so we also ask you not to judge a person merely by the shape of her nails 🙂 There’s a lot more to her inner self as well.
Nail shapes and their personality types
Long pointed nails (also known as stilettos nails) – Fashionistas / Social Butterflies
- Reflects a personality that is Daring, Sexy and Loves a challenge
- The Pointy nails shape makes short fingers look slender and elongates them too. The pointy shape is for those women who do not have to use their hands much in their day to day life.
- If you have long, oval-shaped nails, try painting them in bright colours to give off the “flirty and girly” vibe
- Celebrities spotted with Long pointed nails : Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Sarah Fergusson
Short & Sweet – Girl Next Door
- Women with short and tailored nails are seen as classy and analytical. Since you must trim them regularly, you’re probably known as a perfectionist and are always on top of things.
- Short nails tend to send strong signals that you’re ready to roll-up your sleeves, ditch the nail file, and explore the world!
- Short nails look better when worn bare or painted one solid colour for a clean, polished look.
- Avoid the French manicure, as well as extreme nail art, since they will overwhelm shorter nails.
- Celebrities spotted with Short nails : Taylor Swift, Vanessa Hudges, Jessica Alba
Square shape – A leader, Diva, strong and bold
- Square nails are mostly used for a French manicure and makes your nails look longer and more graceful – Centre of Attraction
- It is ideal for a bigger nail bed as smaller nails beds will tend to look shorter and wider.
- It is not easy to maintain Square nail shape and you must shape your nails at least once a week.
- Celebrities spotted with Square nails : Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Jessica Simpson
Round Nails – Feminine, Caring, Romantic
- The round nail shape gives the illusion of a thinner nail bed which makes your fingers look elegant.
- You can jazz up your rounded nails by trying out funky nail paint.
- Women with round nails seek harmony. This shape indicates a good nature.
- Celebrities spotted with Round nails : Kelly Osbourne, Aishwarya Rai, Eva Longoria
Oval Nails – Practical and independent
- Oval shape nails look chic and trendy and they suit every type of nail bed be it narrow or wide.
- You must definitely consider experimenting with oval shapes as they are low maintenance
- Sure oval nails may lack that “stay back” quality that some of our pointier sisters have, but that’s what makes you so loveable. Your easy going nature makes you the perfect pick for a day of shopping and some awesome style secrets.
- Most women with ovals are non-aggressive and avoid confrontation
- Celebrities spotted with Oval nails : Taylor Swift, Heidi Klum, Freida Pinto
Modern Nail Shape: The Squoval – Ladylike, Assertive, Ambitious
- Soften up the look of square nails by rounding their edges and the result is square-rounded shape
- The Square Round nails look good and are appropriately glamorous for workplace
- A compromise between harsher square edges and softer rounded tips, the casual yet sophisticated look works well with medium to long nails.
- Celebrities spotted with Squoval nails: Lauren Conrad, Kate Middleton
The Almond Shape – Refined, Artistic
- In Almond shape, the nails are rounded on the corners and slightly pointed at the tip
- This shape makes your fingers look a bit longer so women with short fingers can try it out
- Classy yet demure, this nail shape affords you a wide nail surface to experiment nail art
- Nude and different pastel shades look extremely wonderful on this shape
- Celebrities spotted with Almond nails : Rihanna, Kate Perry, Beyoncé
Compiled from the following sources:
- Images downloaded from Google